Welcome to TVM’s 2nd & 3rd-grade classrooms! Please take a look around, enjoy all we have in store for your student! Please feel free to contact either teacher for volunteer opportunities and any questions you may have.
Mrs. Kris Sullivan-Fickling
2nd/3rd Grade Lead Teacher
Ms. Jessica Harris
2nd/3rd Grade Lead Teacher
- 3rd-grade students are required to complete weekly assignments on www.studyisland.com
- All third grade students are required to work with Study Island, completing these assignments each week. Please be sure that your child is up to date!
- All students should read or be read to for 20 mins. every night
- Students should study their spelling words for their weekly spelling tests administered on Fridays
Heading full-speed ahead into the fourth quarter, third graders have FSA Math Assessment May 6-7, 2019. Please ensure your child has a good night’s sleep, healthy breakfast and remind them to take their time and try their best. They got this!
Now until the end of the year (as always), it is of the utmost importance that ALL students arrive to school on time, which is 8:30 at the latest for 2nd and 3rd grade. Keep in mind that the accumulation of three tardies are equal to one absence. Fifteen or more absences are considered excessive.
Please have your 3rd-grade student catch up on Study Island.
- May 23rd: St. Augustine Projects for 3rd Grade Students are due. The Cosmic Topic for 2nd grade students or anyone not attending the St. Augustine trip is “Florida”
May 24th: 2/3 Grades; Founder’s Park End of Year Pool Party from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.*Cost will be $5 per student; $5 per chaperone
- May 27th: No School in observance of Memorial Day
- May 28th: Field Day from Noon until 3:00 p.m. (Bring a change of dry clothes and shoes, a towel and apply sunblock in the a.m.)
- May 29th: Classroom Awards (1:30-2:00); Year Book Signing @ 2:45
- May 30th: Graduation 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- May 31st: Last Day of School-Half Day dismissal @ 11:45 (No aftercare)
On Thursday, May 9th, 12-2 p.m., in the Key Largo Library, there will be a DOH training for people interested in becoming Certified (Bike) Helmut Fitters. Once an individual is certified, they can order FREE bicycle helmets to fit for community members and bike safety educational materials, simply by taking part in the training.
If you are interested, contact Emily Mutschler at FLDOH-Monroe County: 305-676-3864
Community Service Opportunities: Please ask your teacher how your student may take advantage of community service hour opportunities in and around the school. Third-grade students are required to give 15 hours of service during the school year. Likewise, parents and guardians may satisfy their volunteer hour commitments through the classroom, school-wide events and through the PTO.