Welcome to TVM’s 2nd & 3rd-grade classrooms! Please take a look around, enjoy all we have in store for your student! Please feel free to contact either teacher for volunteer opportunities and any questions you may have.
Mrs. Kris Sullivan-Fickling
2nd/3rd Grade Lead Teacher
Ms. Jessica Harris
2nd/3rd Grade Lead Teacher
- 3rd-grade students are required to complete weekly assignments on www.studyisland.com
- All third grade students are required to work with Study Island, completing these assignments each week. Please be sure that your child is up to date!
- All students should read or be read to for 20 mins. every night
- Students should study their spelling words for their weekly spelling tests administered on Fridays
After a nice and relaxing Spring Break, it was great to see everyone’s smiling face today! Have you seen the changes in landscaping around campus? Thank you Ms. April for helping with the face lift and keeping it looking great! Just a few quick reminders to keep you up-to-date on up and coming events. Please log on to the 2nd and 3rd grade Web page daily to keep up with happenings in the classroom at treasurevillagemontessori.com
Heading full-speed ahead into the fourth quarter, third graders have FSA Reading Assessment the first week of April (April 3rd & 4th). Please ensure your child has a good night’s sleep, healthy breakfast and remind them to take their time and try their best. They got this!
Now until the end of the year (as always), it is of the utmost importance that ALL students arrive to school on time, which is 8:30 at the latest for 2nd and 3rd grade. Keep in mind that the accumulation of three tardies are equal to one absence. If a student obtains more than 15 absences, the student is then put on the list for retention (along with other assessments and class work evaluation).
Study Island Assignments for the week of Tuesday, April 9th-Tuesday April 16th: Please have your child complete any unfinished Study Island Assignments this week!
Cosmic Events are due on Friday, April 26!!! Topics for the month of April are: Birds of the Rainforest, the Egyptians, and a Water form of the the World (Mississippi River, Amazon or Lake Erie for example). Please have your child create a summary with visual representation to present to the class on this day. This is the time to begin your project. Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?
- April 13th: Nautical Nights 6:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. (See your classroom teacher for tickets)
- April 15th: Ms. Kris’ Class Field Trip to Art Studio (Departure @ 8:30 sharp; cost $15; wear TVM Polo and bring packed lunch)
- April 15th-19th--Spring Book Fair
- April 19th: Ms. Jessica’s Field Trip to The Art Studio and Children’s Rotary Park from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The cost is $15 which includes a painting lesson, pizza lunch, and transportation. Money is due no later than Wednesday, April 17th. Students will need to wear TVM polo shirts and sneakers.
- April 25th: St. Augustine Meeting @ 4:00 p.m. in Room 4 (Ms. Jessica’s Room)
- April 26th–April Birthday Celebrations & Cosmic Events Due
- May 14th-17th--St. Augustine Trip for 3rd Grade
Community Service Opportunities: Please ask your teacher how your student may take advantage of community service hour opportunities in and around the school. Third-grade students are required to give 15 hours of service during the school year. Likewise, parents and guardians may satisfy their volunteer hour commitments through the classroom, school-wide events and through the PTO.