Enrollment and Registration for Treasure Village Montessori School
Enrollment Information, Process, Policies and Forms
What are the costs?Treasure Village Montessori, (TVM), is financed through tax revenue and is free of tuition. There is no cost, with the exception of school supplies, to attend our charter school because Treasure Village Montessori is a public school.
How is TVM financed?Treasure Village Montessori is funded by the Florida State Department of Education, the same way public schools are. The TVM Administration and Board of directors develop a budget for the year that is submitted to the Monroe County School Board and the Department of Education. There are also a variety of annual private fundraising events that add to our budget. Enrollment Policy
Any child shall be eligible for admission into voluntary preschool if he/she is four (4) years, kindergarten is five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the school year and so on. For grades 1 and beyond the same policy applies. A student who transfers from another state shall be admitted under the same age requirements as established in the state where he/she was previously enrolled, as long as curriculum requirements have been met and extensive proof of this can be provided. Any admissions decision made will be at the discretion of Administration.The statute requires the following documents prior to enrollment, upon acceptance into the program. The statute prohibits a school from admitting a student, regardless of grade level, who does not comply with the law. State statutes hold parents or guardians of school-aged children responsible for compliance with the law.
Please note: All newly enrolled students will be required to submit and/or complete forms required by the school prior to the start of the school year along with any applicable fees. It is important that you complete the forms thoroughly and legibly with the most up-to-date information. This will ensure TVM is able to contact parents/guardians in case of an illness or injury and to comply with state requirements.1. Evidence of the child's date of birth in the manner provided by Section 232.03, Florida Statutes to confirm grade assignment; transferring student's birth certificate must correspond and confirm grade assignment;
2. Evidence of a health examination/physical (completed within twelve months prior to school entry or evidence of an appointment to have such exam within 30 days) in accordance with state board of education rule 6a-6.024. Note: New physicals need to be submitted every two years thereafter, to ensure safe participation in the extensive PE program.
3. An up-to-date immunization record; Florida Statute 232.032 and 232.0315 requires each child who is entitled admittance to Voluntary Preschool or any other initial entrance into Florida public school to present a certificate of immunization for the prevention of those communicable diseases for which immunization is required;4. Documentation of residence including lease agreement, mortgage bill, electric bill, letter from landlord verifying current residence in Monroe County.
5. Custody Orders if applicable.Enrollment Dates - 2016
April 2nd-April 8th
Open enrollment is held yearly during April, with a lottery held to determine waitlist order. As positions in each grade level become available, students are offered a position in the order in which they are listed. Once enrolled and attending the program, students maintain their enrollment without having to reapply. Applicants who have not secured a position are required to reapply each year. If current students have not fulfilled financial obligations by the start of Open Enrollment they will be unable to automatically enroll and will have to begin the application process again.
Application Process (Download Printable PDF Forms Here)
Treasure Village Montessori Charter School, (TVM), is holding an Open Application Period from April 2, - April 8, 2016. During that time we will accept student applications for the 2016-2017 school year. In the event that the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, TVM will hold a lottery on Monday, April 8, 2016 at 5pm to determine which new students will be admitted.
Student application forms may be obtained in the following manner:
1. From the front office at TVM, or
2. Downloaded the website: www.treasurevillagemontessori.com
Forms will be available online on April 2nd.
It is the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian to complete the student application and return it to the TVM office before 5pm on April 8, 2015. Applications not received by 5pm on April 24th will not be included in the lottery. Applications received after 5pm on April 8th will be added to the waiting list after the lottery has been drawn, in the order that they are received. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
April 2-April 8, 2016 Open Enrollment Period
- Download application from www.treasurevillagemontessori.com
- Pick up an application at TVM office
- Or email a request for an application to Amanda.email@example.com
- Return all completed applications to TVM office
- Complete the Student Application Receipt and Acknowledgement Form
- Receive your lottery/confirmation number
- Open to the public, attendance is NOT required
- Letters will be sent via email to all lottery participants by the TVM Administrative Office informing of enrollment eligibility or wait list notification.
- 5:00-7:00 pm Student Showcase
- Complete all welcome packet forms and VPK forms
Non-discriminatory PolicyTreasure Village Montessori is a Florida Charter School that admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin and honors all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
Please read more if you are Considering Treasure Village Montessori.If you wish to enroll your child, links to applications are here. Enrollment Application and Forms